At PCT Cobras, we not only teach cheerleading athletes awesome skills like tumbling and stunting, we also feel it is our duty to help teach young people valuable life lessons along the way. There are a ton of resources available to help re-enforce the lessons that we teach in the gym and over the next few months we will be sharing some awesome books that we feel could have HUGE impact on your kids lives. We encourage you to take time to read them and then discuss them as a family!
The first book we will be looking at is……..
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
We think this book is a great place to start when beginning the discussion on how to deal with the various challenges that come along with being a teenager.
This books breaks down Seven Habits that can help bring out the best in our kids.
- Habit 1—Be Proactive – Take Responsibility for your Life
- Habit 2—Begin with the End in Mind – Define your Mission and Goals in Life
- Habit 3—Put First Things First – Prioritize and Do the Most Important Things First
- Habit 4—Think Win-Win – Life Is an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
- Habit 5—Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood – Listen to People Sincerely
- Habit 6—Synergize – Work Together to Achieve More
- Habit 7—Sharpen the Saw – It’s “Me Time”. Renew Yourself Regularly
By just reading the habits, it is easy to see how they can apply not only to life, but also to cheerleading!
We encourage you to go out and get the book (or order it here). Spend sometime working on other skills besides those on the cheerleading mat.
Make sure to check back throughout the month as we continue to talk about this great resource!
If there are any books that you would like to see on here or that you just NEED to tell us about, please send an email to: [email protected] and we will be sure to check them out!
Hope you all enjoy this AWESOME book and we will chat again soon!
Power Cheer Toronto 3580 Laird Road. Unit 2. Mississauga, ON L5L5Z7 905.569.0049